This oatmeal recipe is amazing and tastes really yummy, plus Ive discovered that it makes great muffins as well. We have made many different varieties of pancakes and muffins with this recipe. I don’t know about you but when we had to go what feels like everything free I have come to love recipes that I can use many ways. I have a cake and scone recipe like that. It just makes my life simpler and when you find a recipe that actually taste good gluten free and vegan its worth its weight in gold, am I right!
So here we go, let me know what combo you try.
- 2 cups oat flour (I recommend this brand )
- 4 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 water
- 4 tsp melted cold pressed coconut oil
- 4 Tbs organic applesauce
- Mix dry ingredients
- Add in wet ingredients
- Heat pan on medium heat, with or without oil and begin making yummy pancakes.
- Note: They take a bit longer then normal pancakes to cook through so be patient they are worth it..
- Makes about 9 medium size pancakes.
Variations we have tried:
- Replaced the apple sauce with banana and added toasted pecans
- Replaced the apple sauce with banana and the coconut oil with a nut better
- Added blueberries
- Make just like pancakes, with what ever variation you want, then put in a muffin tin and cook at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Makes about 18 muffins
- For a sweet muffin add 1/2 of your favorite sweetener we use honey or maple syrup.